Blue Yonder is a Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ Leader for WMS For 12th Time in a Row Because of Our Customers
Blue Yonder believes continues to showcase its strength in warehouse and supply chain execution solutions. For the 12th time in a row, we have been named a Leader in the 2023 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) report2—which is every year since the report began! This comes after Blue Yonder received similar long-standing recognitions for the 2023 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Transportation Management Systems (TMS)3 in April and 2023 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Supply Chain Planning (SCP) Solutions3 in May.
With omni-channel fulfillment, automation, labor, and sustainability trends accelerating, we believe that this placement reflects our innovation-driven culture that is inspired by our customers in the manufacturing, retail, and third-party logistics (3PL) industries.
Our customers’ trust in our ability to help enable their digital transformation and simultaneously improve their key performance metrics in customer service, sustainability, throughput, and profitability is what motivates our product teams to innovate, especially in AI/ML, warehouse execution, micro-fulfillment, and composable solutions. This is what one of our valued customers is saying about the benefit we provide to their digital journey; Arcadia Cold has chosen to implement Blue Yonder’s warehouse management system (WMS), labor management, and warehouse tasking to futureproof its warehouse and transportation operations:
“As a fast-emerging logistics company, we were seeking a supply chain solutions provider that could help us scale our operations and be a trusted advisor as our business grows. We felt Blue Yonder was the best fit as their logistics solutions are always well ranked and, after a thorough review, determined they best met our business needs,” said Chris Lafaire, CIO, Arcadia Cold.
Capabilities to Enable Transformation
In their digital journey, our customers are embracing a modern SaaS landscape and acquiring solution capabilities to prepare for a winning future. We are bringing innovative capabilities to our customers’ digital efforts, including:
- Interoperability of Supply Chain Execution Capabilities: Our customers are challenged to predict orders, place inventory and labor in ideal locations, and fulfill orders at the speed of demand. We are bringing warehouse, transportation, store execution, and order management solutions under one solution portfolio to offer end-to-end capabilities and deliver seamlessly experience.
- Unified Resource Management: There is an increased need to better orchestrate both humans and machines, including robots. Traditionally, these resources were coordinated independently across the end user’s operation leading to siloed management and decisions. Blue Yonder announced its plan to establish a Unified Resource Management, integrating labor scheduling and execution solution in real time to create highly efficient and streamlined enterprise at every node in the supply chain, from scheduling people and robots to reserving trucks and warehouse doors.
- Sustainability: According to Blue Yonder’s 2023 Supply Chain Executives Survey, 84% of executives have either increased or kept sustainability initiatives the same over the past year. The survey also showed more organizations are planning to maximize sustainability by seeking sustainable upstream operations and investing in technology and automation that realizes greener supply chain and fulfillment options. To help its customers, Blue Yonder offers the following sustainability functionalities:
- Blue Yonder’s Warehouse Management System (WMS) and Labor Management solutions allow customers to make their operations and labor practice more sustainable by tracking performance metrics and adjusting as needed, to reduce waste and improve employee engagement and retention.
- Blue Yonder Transportation Management System (TMS) enables customers to optimize and leverage advanced analytics capabilities to reduce empty miles while enhancing customer service, transportation network throughput, and driver schedules.
New Execution-focused Solutions
Blue Yonder is launching new solutions that include:
- Warehouse Execution System: Announced late last year, Blue Yonder’s Warehouse Execution System will be in general availability soon. An intelligent cloud-native solution powered by Luminate Platform, it is equipped to unlock opportunities to maximize efficiencies for human and machine, as well as accelerates time-to-value across the warehouse. The solution brings together Blue Yonder’s Warehouse Tasking, Robotics Hub, and other advanced solutions, along with in-depth analytics and reporting capabilities.
- Adaptive Fulfillment and Warehousing: Announced late last year, Blue Yonder’s Adaptive Fulfillment and Warehousing solution will be in general availability soon. The native SaaS solution suite is designed to serve today’s warehousing and store fulfillment operations with a simple, scalable solution. These new domain-centric services allow customers to maintain high inventory accuracy with the speed and efficiency required to serve growing demand.
- Yard Management: Launching soon, Blue Yonder’s Yard Management is an intelligent SaaS solution, fully integrated with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and developed to monitor the movement of trailers in yard facilities to minimize complexities and human intervention as operational conditions and priorities changes throughout the day. Yard Management extends and enhances yard capabilities while harnessing the power of AI and ML to unlock greater opportunities for more efficiency and visibility in the yard.
Our partner-first focus and automated-testing approach are enabling us to serve a broader set of customers globally, from low- to medium- to high-complexity operations. To learn why our customers’ digital journey greatly benefits from our WMS, visit Blue Yonder’s Warehouse Management System solution page and review our Warehouse of the Future video and Digital Warehouse e-book. Learn more also about the 2023 Supply Chain & Logistics Executive Survey results in the infographic and blog post.
With this latest Gartner Magic Quadrant for WMS, Blue Yonder is the only company recognized a Leader in three Gartner Magic Quadrant reports3 covering Warehouse Management, Transportation Management, and Supply Chain Planning – consistently for the past three years.
1 Blue Yonder was previously listed as JDA because the company rebranded in early 2020. Also, recognitions were in the post-JDA/RedPrairie acquisition timeframe announced in 2012.
2 Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Warehouse Management Systems, Simon Tunstall, Dwight Klappich, Rishabh Narang, Federica Stufano, 8 May 2023.
3 Gartner, “Magic Quadrant for Supply Chain Planning Solutions,” Pia Orup Lund, Amber Salley, Tim Payne, Janet Suleski, Joe Graham, Caleb Thomson, 2 May 2023; “Magic Quadrant for Transportation Management Systems,” Brock Johns, Oscar Sanchez Duran, Carly West, 28 March 2023; “Magic Quadrant for Warehouse Management Systems,” Simon Tunstall, Dwight Klappich, Rishabh Narang, Federica Stufano, 8 May 2023.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
This graphic was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The Gartner document is available upon request from Blue Yonder.
GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner and Magic Quadrant is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and are used herein with permission. All rights reserved.