Blue Yonder’s WMS Customers Make Us a Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ Leader 11 Years Running
Blue Yonder has once again been recognized as a Leader in 2022 Magic Quadrant. For the 11th year1 in a row, we have been named a Leader in the 2022 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) report2—which is every year since the report began! This comes after Blue Yonder achieved a Leader recognition for the 2022 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Transportation Management Systems (TMS)3 in March.
With customer-centric and omni-channel fulfillment trends accelerating, we believe that this placement reflects our innovation-driven culture that is inspired by our customers. Our Product Management and Marketing teams are looking into the future to ensure our customers can continue to drive superior customer service, efficiency, and sustainability by leveraging Blue Yonder WMS, TMS and our broad supply chain execution offerings.
Our customers’ candid feedback and trust in our ability to help solve some of their most complex challenges enable us to digitally transform their operations. This is what one of our valued customers, who reduced their labor costs by 5% – 10% through more effective labor standards, monitoring and incentives, is saying about the value we provide:
“We primarily use Blue Yonder’s labor management capabilities to operate in some of our more complex warehouse environments. With these tools we can set more effective standards for our labor force and create better processes that are more efficient,” according to the EVP of Business Development and Supply Chain Solutions of Americold.
Our customers share their feedback with us via the Gartner® Peer Insights™ and those reviews are always promising! Here are a few examples:
- „Customer Support is very important in our industry and is critical in our 24-7 operation and the support that Blue Yonder offers from around the globe makes it very easy to address any issues as they arise. „
- “Blue Yonder is a powerful warehouse management solution that has exceeded my expectations. It keeps us on track and allows us to execute the correct inventory at the right time and place it in a very simple and speedier manner. We can execute highly complicated and time-consuming warehouse operations with freedom and real-time responsiveness with comprehensive features, modules, and capabilities of the Blue Yonder Warehouse Management suite. The most important aspect of this solution is that it allows our big corporation to survive in a continuously changing, densely networked omnichannel ecosystem.“
The Focus on Innovation
Our customers are modifying their supply chain footprint to be closer to the customers and looking to improve service levels and cost-to-serve, while embracing a modern SaaS landscape. In response, Blue Yonder is bringing innovative capabilities to our customers’ digital efforts, including:
- Build It Once with APIs: With over 3,000-plus public, versioned APIs, Blue Yonder WMS users now have an unprecedented level of access to the most feature-rich solution on the market. Available to partner solutions as well, users can leverage these APIs to drive unique business processes and gain a competitive edge in a safe, future-proof way.
- Data as a Service: Knowledge is power and data is knowledge. With this SaaS solution, you can co-locate historical data and near-real-time production data from every warehouse, globally into one place, Powered by Snowflake. By leveraging the near-unlimited compute power of Azure, you can run advanced analytics, utilize packaged KPIs, and build your own dashboards against this robust dataset to power global supply chain intelligence. You can also allow third-party applications access to this data via APIs and ingest into their own rules-based engines to provide actionable intelligence back to WMS such as putting product on hold.
- Enhanced Warehouse Labor Management: Leverage advanced Panasonic cameras and edge devices with our engineered standards to drive 100% wall-to-wall awareness of human and machine performance.
- Luminate Warehouse Execution System (LWES): An intelligent cloud-native solution, equipped to unlock opportunities for greater efficiency, performance, and cost reductions across the warehouse. It also extends and enhances WMS capabilities by providing prescriptive recommendations through the power of ML with additional analytics.
- Luminate Warehouse Management (LWMS): A SaaS solution that is agile, scalable and built to deliver modern-day micro-fulfillment needs with seamless, prescriptive workflows that empower fulfillment sites to maintain the highest inventory accuracy with the speed and efficiencies to fulfill outbound orders.
Blue Yonder’s WMS was built to recognize and react to critical characteristics across industries, from the ability to process various product attributes, support omni-channel commerce and fulfillment, balance shelf life and productivity for perishables for retailers, or navigate complex regulatory requirements for manufacturers. Blue Yonder’s WMS empowers businesses to deliver consistently high service at a value-driven cost. Organizations can drive change with real-time transaction processing, optimized storage and selection strategies, directed task management, integrated labor standards and more.
In addition, as noted in the report, our partner-first focus and automated-testing approach are enabling us to serve a broader set of customers globally, from low- to medium- to high-complexity operations. To learn why our customers’ digital journey greatly benefits from our WMS, visit Blue Yonder’s Warehouse Management solution page and review our Digital Warehouse eBook.
With this latest Gartner Magic Quadrant for WMS, Blue Yonder is the only company recognized a Leader in three Gartner Magic Quadrant reports4 covering Warehouse Management, Transportation Management, and Supply Chain Planning.
1 Blue Yonder was previously listed as JDA because the company rebranded in early 2020. Also, recognitions were in the post-JDA/RedPrairie acquisition timeframe announced in 2012.
2 Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Warehouse Management Systems, Simon Tunstall, Dwight Klappich, Rishabh Narang, 1 June 2022.
3 Gartner, “Magic Quadrant for Transportation Management Systems,” Brock Johns, Oscar Sanchez Duran, Carly West, 29 March 2022
4 Gartner, “Magic Quadrant for Warehouse Management Systems Simon Tunstall, Dwight Klappich, Rishabh Narang, 1 June 2022; “Magic Quadrant for Transportation Management Systems,” Brock Johns, Oscar Sanchez Duran, Carly West, 29 March 2022; “Magic Quadrant for Supply Chain Planning Solutions,” Amber Salley, Tim Payne, Pia Orup Lund, Janet Suleski, 16 May 2022.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Gartner and Magic Quadrant are registered trademarks of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and are used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
This graphic was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The Gartner document is available upon request from Blue Yonder.