Our Top 6 Takeaways From the ICON 2023 Day 1 General Session Keynotes
ICON 2023 Day 1 has come to a close, and our heads are still spinning from the incredible speakers, the meaningful connections and networking, and that one-of-a-kind Pitbull concert. Here are our top six takeaways from the ICON 2023 Day 1 keynotes:
1. We’re creating the supply chain operating system for the world. The next-generation supply chain platform powers cognitive applications using: a single data cloud, end-to-end connectivity, and infinite intelligence.
— Duncan Angove, CEO, Blue Yonder
2. We share Blue Yonder’s commitment to develop a strategic partnership that extends Snowflake’s capability to support Blue Yonder’s unique supply chain data workloads, including bringing together analytical and transactional workloads for the execution and planning domains.
— Frank Slootman, Chairman and CEO, Snowflake
3. Accenture and Blue Yonder have teamed together for more than 25 years, and we are expanding our partnership to accelerate this shared vision for the supply chain of the future and also the notion that we can make society and the planet better off at the same time. We’re calling this The Good Quest.
— Paul Daugherty, Group Chief Executive – Technology and Chief Technology Officer, Accenture
4. Companies who are adopting these cognitive capabilities are experiencing: 7x higher performance than traditional supply chain management techniques and 3x more likely to achieve sustainability goals in half the time.
— Wayne Usie, Chief Strategy Officer, Blue Yonder
5. We ran our supply chain on 23 applications, which lacked flexibility and adaptability and prevented us scaling our business. Now, our partnership with Blue Yonder will help us be the UK’s leading supply chain, enhance collaborations, and deliver our strategic priorities.
— Meinir Childs, Director of Supply Chain, Sainsbury’s
6. I think the most interesting thing happening with AI and robotics isn’t the technology itself, but rather what happens when we take the automated technologies and put them together with people.
— Dr. Kate Darling, Leading Expert in Robotics and MIT Media Lab Research Scientist Stay tuned for our highlights from ICON 2023 Day 2, and check out all the ICON fun on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.